In October 2010, the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (VDGIF) and the Wildlife Foundation of Virginia (WFV) created a mutually-beneficial relationship for the purpose of developing new or enhanced fundraising projects and managing funds to implement projects which aligned with the missions of the VDGIF and the WFV. The Virginia Wildlife eStore was launched on July 1, 2013 as an innovative partnership project to raise funds to support fish and wildlife conservation. The eStore represents creative marketing efforts at VDGIF and the WFV and provides customers with products to connect people to the outdoors.
We are keeping with the promise to support fish and wildlife conservation through the development and implementation of the Virginia Wildlife eStore Grant Program to connect youth to the outdoors.
2016 Total Funding Available: $45,000 (individual grant amounts will vary based on the scope of each proposal and we are anticipating the funding of 20-25 projects). The average grant amount in 2015 was $1,500.
Grant Period: August 1, 2016 – July 1, 2017
- 501(c) (3) Non-Profits
- Local Government Organizations
Grant Focus Area
- Youth Outdoor Activities – hunting, fishing, boating, shooting sports, wildlife viewing, or education programs
Disbursement of Funds
- The WFV shall disburse 100 % of the funds to Grantee when the award is accepted.
- A match is not required.
- Application Submission Deadline – September 1, 2016
- Award Announcement – October 1, 2016
- Project Completion date – June 1, 2017
- Final Report due – July 1, 2017
- The Department contact is Tom Wilcox, VDGIF, Tom.Wilcox@dgif.virginia.gov.
- Download the 2016 Virginia Wildlife eStore Grant Program Application (PDF)