The New Norm (in a COVID-19 World)
The COVID-19 pandemic has created a “new norm” for us all. Early in the year, many of us had to change the way we accomplish work assignments. Whether we changed the “where” or “how” assignments were completed, one thing was certain – “the show must go on.” The Human Resources Office was no different than any other division. We armed ourselves with face masks, hand sanitizer, laptops, and alternate work schedules to accomplish routine and not so routine work assignments.
A Look Back:
- On September 25, 2020 the DWR Infectious Disease (COVID-19) Preparedness and Response Plan was completed. This plan describes the implementation of mandatory health and safety requirements established by the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry, Governor Northam’s COVID-19 Executive Order and subsequent Addendum as well as guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control. Many parts of the plan had to be implemented, prior to its completion, such as:
- All DWR employees were required to complete the DWR COVID-19 Safe At Work Training for Employees training module located on the COVLC.
- All DWR supervisors/managers were required to complete a COVID-19 Hazard Assessment for all direct reports.
- Since April 2020, we’ve welcomed 7 new classified employees to the DWR Team.
- Donna Byrd, Dispatcher
- Clinton Morgeson, Regional Fisheries Manager
- Renee Munford, Procurement Director
- Gavin Shaler, Dispatcher
- Meagan Thomas, Watchable Wildlife Biologist
- Denise Ukrop, Accounts Payable Specialist
- Margaret Whitmore, Tidal River Project Lead
- Since April 2020, we’ve welcomed 11 new wage employees to the DWR Team.
- Megan Baldwin, CWD Technician
- Nicholas Cook, Wildlife Technician
- David Duffield, Trades Assistant
- Laurel Glover, CWD Technician
- Michael Kirk, Hatchery Worker
- Casey Maynard, CWD Technician
- Andrew Meador, Wildlife Technician
- Jonathan Petri, CWD Technician
- Katherine Travis, Migratory Bird Technician
- Julia Wease, CWD Technician
- Zach Zimmerman, Creel Clerk
- In September 2020, DWR recognized 124 Service Award recipients.
- Due to Service Retirements, the agency said goodbye to 8 DWR team members since April 2020.
A Look Forward:
- 2020 Performance Evaluations were due in Human Resources by October 31, 2020.
- 2021 Employee Work Profiles (EWPs) were due in Human Resources no later than December 1, 2020.
- Employees enrolled in the Commonwealth’s health care plans are eligible for a FREE flu shot.
- Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign (CVC) runs from October 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020. Contact Lisa Fore in the Human Resources Office if you are interested in participating in this year’s campaign.
As always, please contact any Human Resources Office Team Member for assistance.
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
|Lester Brantley||Lester.Brantley@dwr.virginia.gov||(804) 367-1183|
|Bill Brenzovich||William.Brenzovich@dwr.virginia.gov||(804) 593-2052|
|Lisa Fore||Lisa.Fore@dwr.virginia.gov||(804) 593-2037|
|Ray Hudgins||Ray.Hudgins@dwr.virginia.gov||(804) 367-0243|
|Rebecca Lane||Rebecca.Lane@dwr.virginia.gov||(804) 367-0849|
|Josue Rodriguez||Josue.Rodriguez@dwr.virginia.gov||(804) 367-0287|
|Deanna Wood||Deanna.Wood@dwr.virginia.gov||(804) 367-0158|