Photography enthusiasts who capture safe boating in Virginia with their camera and want to spread the joy of being on Virginia’s waters can submit their photos to the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries. Selected images will be used to promote safe boating.
July 15, 2015 – September 8th, 2015. Prizes awarded by September 15, 2015
- Usefulness in publications (Top photos will be posted to the web site and Facebook page. Entries will also be considered for use in brochures, displays, printed materials, etc.)
- Subject content
- All pictures must show people enjoying boating in a safe manner
Three prize categories:
- Best boating safety photo overall – $50 Gift Certificate to DGIF’s Online Store
- Best boating safety photo featuring kids – $50 Gift Certificate to DGIF’s Online Store
- Best boating safety photo featuring your pet – $50 Gift Certificate to DGIF’s Online Store
- Photos must be taken within Virginia or on Virginia waters.
- All boating laws must be followed.
- Photos must have been taken within the past year.
- Each entry needs to include photographers name, age, address, email address, phone number, title of photo, and location of photo for each submission. Entries must have the required information included in the body of the email or in an attached text file.
- Up to 10 photos per photographer.
- Entries that have been visibly or electronically altered are not permitted. Cropping is okay. Please do not add captions or date stamps to a photo.
- This contest is not open to VDGIF employees’ and sponsors’ immediate family. Immediate family members are defined as children, siblings or others residing in the same household with a VDGIF or sponsor employee.
- By submitting a photo to the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (VDGIF), Safe Boating Contest, you give the VDGIF the right to use the photograph for publishing, illustrating, advertising, trade and promotion, or any other use in any medium for any purpose of the VDGIF.
- By submitting a photo to the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (VDGIF), Safe Boating Contest, you release the VDGIF from any claims and demands arising out of the use of the photographs.
Send entries (one per email) to: BoaterED@dgif.virginia.gov with required information and a subject line of: Photo Challenge.