Give this recipe a try if you want to make a delicious breakfast to impress your friends. Don’t overthink it, and feel free to sub out different ingredients. Dove is a versatile meat with an accommodating flavor profile.
|2||doves per person|
|1/2 sweet potato per person|
|2||eggs per person|
|1||clove of garlic per person|
|1/2 tablespoon of butter per person|
|2||slices of bacon per person|
|Onion powder to taste|
|Garlic Powder to taste|
How to Prepare
- Spatchcock the dove breasts and lightly salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a pan (I like cast iron), remove bacon from grease, and set aside.
- Use a cheese grater to grate the sweet potato.
- Heat the bacon grease over medium high.
- Add the grated sweet potato, and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Don’t go crazy, but don’t be stingy. You can always add more seasoning later.
- Cook the potatoes to your desired doneness. I like them a little crispy, so it’s usually 5-8 minutes.
- In a separate pan heat the butter, then add the garlic for 3-4 minutes over low heat.
- Increase the heat to medium high.
- Add the dove. Cook 2-4 minutes each side while working on the next step.
- Cook the eggs however you’d like in the pan with the hash browns or a separate pan if you want to avoid the grease.
- Serve sweet potato hash browns, egg, bacon(optional), and dove together.