|COVID-19 & the VBWTBefore heading out to visit a site on the Virginia Bird & Wildlife Trail, be sure to check if that site has any COVID-19 policies or closures in place. This information is typically posted on a site's own website.
Sites On This Loop
- CGL01: Ware House Boat Landing
- CGL01A: Brent and Becky’s Bulbs
- CGL02: Beaverdam Park, Main Entrance
- CGL03: Beaverdam Park, SR 606 Entrance
- CGL04: Cappahosic Beach Boat Landing
- CGL05: Rosewell Ruins – This site has been withdrawn from the VBWT
- CGL06: John’s Point Landing
- CGL06A: Machicomoco State Park
- CGL07: Severn River Landing – This site has been withdrawn from the VBWT
- CGL08: Gloucester Point Beach
Great opportunities to view wildlife, specifically waterfowl, shorebirds, and gulls, abound along the Gloucester Loop. River channels, cordgrass marshes, tidal flats, and lakes with flooded snags and weedy coves are some of the aquatic habitats that attract water birds to this part of the Virginia coast. The wildlife watcher equipped with a canoe or kayak will find several venues to experience close proximity wildlife viewing. Deciduous woodlands and flower gardens add to the habitat diversity of the loop’s sites.
Gloucester County Parks, Recreation and Tourism
River Country Tourism Council