This volunteer assists VDGIF staff with routine care and maintenance of cars, boats, tractors, and other equipment, to maintain operational readiness for management efforts, patrols, and emergency operations.
- Provides maintenance (cars, trucks, SUV’s, watercraft, tractors, lawn care equipment, and other) appropriate to skill level and experience
- Washes and details patrol vehicles and other agency vehicles
- Maintains logs of preventative maintenance activities completed or referred for service
- Coordinates with VDGIF staff to order supplies and parts necessary for completion of duties
- Makes recommendations to VDGIF staff on maintenance, repair, and equipment needs
- General knowledge of and prior professional experience and/or training in preventative maintenance for vehicles, boats, and/or other equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with VDGIF staff about vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair needs
- On the Job Training
- Experience and prior certifications may substitute for training
- Advanced as determined by responsibilities undertaken
This position requires regular, on-going volunteer service. It can be performed at mutually agreed to times, as coordinated with VDGIF staff.